Applying to Become a Certifying Authority Examiner
The criteria for becoming a Certifying Authority Examiner is as follows:
- Applicants must be Full Members of the IIMS
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate through evidence of at least five years surveying experience in all types of vessels (copies of survey reports may be requested).
The application process is as follows:
Applicants should complete the application form and submit the following to the CA Administrator:
- 1 application form
- 1 up-to-date CV
- 2 passport photos
- A completed SCV1 (available from the CA Administrator)
- A completed SCV2 (available from the CA Administrator)
- A fee of £35.00 (GBP) administration fee
On receipt of the application form the CA Administrator will acknowledge the application.
The application form and relevant documentation will be reviewed by the CA Committee and a date will be set for an interview. (The interview is mandatory)
The outcome and registration process is as follows:
Applicants will be advised of the outcome of their application within 5 working days of the interview taking place. The CA Registration fee will be set by the committee at the beginning of each year and will be valid for a period of 12 months. The current fee is £100.00 (GBP) per annum or pro rata depending upon the date of approval.
For more information or to obtain the relevant SCV documentation contact the CA Administrator on firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 239 238 5223