There are many benefits of being a member of the Institute.
- Recognition - as a Member, Technician or Associate Member, you are entitled to use the designatory letters after your name to demonstrate your professional commitment.
- Professional development - the Institute offers a comprehensive and progressive qualifications programme designed to increase your knowledge and range of skills within the marine surveying industry.
- Networking - from time to time you will be invited to attend seminars and forums which will increase your knowledge in specific areas of work and allow you the opportunity to network with other
members from different parts of the world as we are an international organisation.
- Membership journal - as a member you will receive a copy of the Institute's quarterly magazine "The Report". Each issue is full of topical articles, case studies and membership news.
- Information and enquiry bulletin board on the website.
- Members' directory.
- Regular technical seminars.
- Discounts on education, training programmes and publications.
- Conferences and social events.
Benefits of Becoming an Allied Organisation
Recognised marine surveying organisations globally may become Allied Organisations.
Becoming an Allied Organisation offers the following benefits:
- A collective lobbying voice for the marine surveying industry at the IMO
- Consultation on marine surveying subjects raised at the IMO
- Promotion of Allied Organisation events to a worldwide audience
- A forum to network with peers in your industry
- Information sharing across international boundaries
- Access to professional training and accreditation
- Updates on industry developments and news
- Invitations to industry events including IIMS conferences around the world