* To select multiple countries or surveys highlight an option in blue then hold down the ctrl key on your keyboard before making a second selection. You should satisfy yourself that your chosen surveyor is competent to do your job.
The Report Magazine is the official publication of the International Institute of Marine Surveying.
The Institute publishes the Report Magazine four times per year in March, June, September and December. Members are invited to (and do) submit articles regularly for publication, which entitles them to CPD points too. If you wish to send an article for publication please email us.
Each issue will appeal to big ship and small craft surveyors alike. Its content is also highly relevant to P&I Clubs, vessel operators, marine insurers and others involved in the maritime sector. Each issue will be a mix of technical articles and more general features related to the profession of marine surveying. Some of this editorial content is supplied by members and the rest is specially commissioned by the editor.
Key feature articles include:
– An opinion article by Capt Rich Madden about the extensive loss of life and assets at sea in January
– Too many experts? Or simply not enough?
– InspectX – Report writing software by surveyors for surveyors
– Ten golden rules of loss prevention for expert witnesses
– Adaptation at sea: Hindsight and foresight – Legal issues arising from new bunker sulphur regulations in MARPOL – There’s no doubt about it – ship surveying is being revolutionised by drone technology
– The metacentric stability of narrowboats
– Expected life span of yacht enclosures
– Business article: Golden rules for writing good and persuasive website content
– Member and marine news, industry opinion and training information
– A day in the life of Ed O’Connor, IIMS Canada Branch Chairman
Key feature articles include:
– ISM Code 20 years on
– Wooden boat surveying, a step by step guide
– The role of the surveyor from a P&I Club’s perspective
– The case for photogrammetry in marine surveying
– Load measurement for validation and data collection
– Shipping fears engine failures as industry switches to low sulphur fuel
– Micro ROVs enablers for Marine Surveyors
– Cargo integrity
– A comprehensive review of the year
– A wealth of member news, including reports from recent training events
– Special report on the IIMS Mumbai one day Symposium with photos
– A feature length ‘A Day in the Life of’ with Milind Tambe (and his amazing trike) as the stars
– Superyacht maintenance technology
– The benefits of London Arbitration
– How to conduct vessel reactivation inspections and surveys
– Errors leading to inaccuracies in draught surveys
– Hidden benefits of an asbestos survey
– The risk of liquefaction from nickel ore cargo remains high
– The complex challenges of ballast water management facing the shipping industry
– A Day in the Life of Geoff Waddington, IIMS Vice President
– Results of the IIMS membership survey revealed
– The new REG Yacht Code is coming soon
– Lifecord is the new ‘smart’ kill cord
– IMO adopts ambitious climate change strategy for shipping
– Metals and their corrosion behaviour in seawater
– The Polar Code, one year on
– What constitutes a circumstance that may give rise to a claim and when should you report it to insurers
– Ursula Smith is the subject of ‘The day in the life of’
– Details of new Honorary Fellowships and Fellowships awarded
– A wealth of members’ news
– Plus a column from President elect, Capt Zarir Irani
If you are a business that is interested in targeting marine surveyors worldwide, we carry limited advertising in The Report magazine at very reasonable costs. Click to read The Report magazine Media Pack online for full details, information and publishing deadlines.