The International Cargo Handling Coordination Association (ICHCA) has announced it has organised a one day seminar entitled: Container Lashing and Securing: Improving Operational Safety and Productivity.
This important one day meeting is being held on Wednesday 10 December 2014 at the ECT Delta Terminal in Rotterdam
This practical one day seminar hosted by ICHCA International will cover:
• How amendments to the IMO Code of Safe Practice for Cargo Stowage and Securing will impact container vessel design and operations from 1 Jan 2015.
• What does the growth in ship size mean for safe container stowage on-board?
• What else does IMO and the industry need to do to reduce losses of containers overboard?
• What can be done to improve operations at the ship-shore interface?
• Lashing and securing equipment: maintenance, standardisation and automation.
• Corporate and legal responsibilities in container safe access.
• Making stevedores and lashers jobs safer – practical solutions.
• What can the container shipping and handling communities do to reduce the damage, loss, injuries and deaths associated with lashing and securing?
View the seminar programme and content in full: ICHCA Container Securing Lashing Seminar