The International Council of Marine Industry Associations’ (ICOMIA) Small Craft Standards Bulletin provides industry stakeholders with early notification on changes to existing standards and modifications to production methods; as developed and maintained by the ISO (International Organization for Standards) Technical Committee for Small Craft Standards – TC188 and SC2
The 11th edition of the ICOMIA Small Craft Standards Bulletin provides an update of standards following a week of ISO TC 188 & SC 2 Working Group meetings which took place during BOOT held in Düsseldorf, Germany, from 21 – 25 January 2019.
▪ ISO TC 188 Working Group 12 will be re-opened to review ISO 9094 Fire protection as well as potentially ISO12133 dealing
with Carbon monoxide detection systems.
▪ The next ISO TC 188 & SC2 Plenary and Working Group meetings will take place from 24– 28 June 2019 in Toronto, Canada, kindly hosted by NMMA Canada.
▪ A new proposal to create a work item addressing Lithium-Ion batteries and their installation within small craft will be
implemented in Toronto.
▪ The European Commission has informed ISO TC 188 that only normative references that are dated may be used if an ISO
standard will become harmonized and its reference published in the OJEU. There are some exceptions to this but require extensive justification and an assessment to show that it can be done without risk to safety requirements.
▪ ICOMIA along with the Swedish Standards Institute (SIS) and the ISO TC 188 ‘Advisory Group’ maintain a TC 188 Improvement List & Glossary of Terms
Download the bulletin at: ISO TC 188 Small Craft Standards Bulletin Ed 11