Marine Fest 2020 – Commercial Ship
If you are not familiar with the Fest format, now in its third year, it is an annual online only event hosted live by IIMS from Portchester, UK.
A collection of talks, each new presentation is given by an expert in one area or another of cargo and commercial ship marine surveying. One modest fee of just £100 gives you access to all of the videos.
2020’s presentations include many that were prepared from scratch for your benefit. Many are original and produced especially for Fest III. You can see a list of the videos below:
– Remote survey practical considerations- tips and techniques from the far end of the world by Adam Brancher
– Liquefaction update by Capt Akshat Arora, Standard Club Asia
– Identifying “Facts without Fiction” in a survey report or a nomination/appointment by Capt Zarir Irani
– Ultrasound as part of your Predictive Maintenance Program by Chris Hallum
– Enclosed spaces: Why we are dying there by Capt Michael Lloyd
– The use of drones in marine surveying by Steve Blair, Coptrz
– Cyber security onboard ships by Capt Ruchin Dayal
– Container Ships – Misdeclared cargoes – risky business by John Dolan, Deputy Director of Loss Prevention, Standard Club
– Wakashio disaster: How the crisis communications could have been better handled by Dustin Eno, COO, Navigate Response
– Understanding the CTU Code by Bill Brassington
– Relationship between the P&I Club and the Marine Surveyor by Petar Modev, Head of Ship Inspections, Thomas Miller P&I Club
– Dynamic Positioning: What is it and what can go wrong by Maurice Pickles