Marine Fest 2020 – Yacht & Small Craft
If you are not familiar with the Fest format, now in its third year, it is an annual online only event hosted live by IIMS from Portchester, UK.
It is a collection of talks, each new presentation is given by an expert in one area or another of yacht and small craft marine surveying. One modest fee of just £100 gives you access to all of the presentations.
2020’s presentations include many that were prepared from scratch for your benefit. Many are original and produced especially and only for Fest III. See the full list of videos below:
– Surveyor and digital camera expert Milind Tambe explains how to cope with photography in those dark and hard to get to places on a boat
– Installation and safety of diesel heaters on boats by Owen Cox, Planar Heaters
– Lightness and strength to beat speed with an electric powered boat. The slamming composites concepts by Luca Olivari
– Surveyor ethics – Role play by Mike Schwarz and Paul Homer
– Surveyors and LPG on boats by James Hale
– An introduction to MCA code surveying by Fraser Noble
– Over 100 years’ combined surveying experience. An interview with Jeffrey Casciani-Wood and Ian Nicolson
– Things that go wrong in reports by Karen Brain
– Stainless steels in marine applications with emphasis on susceptibility to corrosion by Mike Lewus (British Stainless Steel Association)
– Tips and basic principles when surveying new build superyachts 30-60 metres by Capt Mark Souter
– The danger of mold in the marine environment by Michael Pinto
– Things you see on survey and cannot make up by Geoff Waddington, IIMS President