Southampton International Boat Show, Britain’s biggest festival of boating, will return from Friday 13 September to Sunday 22 September 2019. Aligned with British Marine’s latest Futures strategy and new title sponsor, Borrow A Boat, the Show will spotlight the accessibility, flexibility and inclusivity of boating.
Set against a stunning backdrop of some of the world’s most luxurious and innovative boats, the Show boasts Europe’s largest purpose-built marina hosting thousands of guests and businesses over an action-packed 10 days. Dedicated features and guest speakers will showcase how getting out on the water is for everyone and that access to watercraft is easier than people may think – in all shapes and sizes!
A host of beautifully designed boats and products from over 600 global marine brands, live music and interactive attractions will provide visitors the perfect opportunity to discover their passion for the water. Including an array of on-the-water experiences from trying your luck at Stand Up Paddleboarding to exhilarating sails aboard a 72-ft round the-world Ocean Race Yacht. Key features at this year’s Show include:
– Try-a-Boat – come aboard with the opportunity to glide through the waters in a high-speed RIB or float across the Solent under sail
– Tall Ship Shtandart – a replica of the 1703 frigate built by Peter the Great, Shtandart’s decks will offer visitors a unique opportunity to learn all about the history behind this famous ship
– Ocean Scene Mini Cruise – fully equipped with sundecks and bars, the Ocean Scene is the Show’s very own mini cruise ship
– Try-a-Dive – if you’ve ever wondered what it’s like to breathe underwater, the new purpose-built Try-a-Dive tank is your opportunity to experience a whole new world
– Radio Sailing Pool – all visitors are invited to race their very own Dragon 65 yacht alongside other models, competing against family and friends in this hugely popular shore-based activity
– Get Afloat – from dinghy sailing to paddleboarding, try something new or sharpen your existing watersports skills with the expertise of the Rockley Watersports team onhand
– A practical boating stage – for both beginners and enthusiasts, take this opportunity to meet some of the biggest sailing personalities and learn skills and insights first-hand ahead of your next nautical adventure
– Virtual Sailing – in partnership with the Royal Yachting Association (RYA), experience the thrill of competing against other visitors and users from around the world in a virtual reality experience to see if you’ve got what it takes
– Seaside Storytime Ship – Listen to magical stories of on the water adventures and join readers from Southampton’s libraries
With high interest from global marine brands looking to showcase at 2019’s Show, more exhibitors and boats have been contracted than this time last year with the marina expanded to accommodate additional boats and on-water activities. This features a number of new exhibitors including Gulf Craft, Nautor’s Swan, Iguana Yachts, Hydrolift and York Marina.
Building on environmental initiatives that were launched last year including a dynamic long-term pledge to move away from single use plastics, to serve only sustainable fish and continue to recycle waste wherever possible, Show organisers are introducing a number of additional commitments for 2019’s event.