Introduction to Yacht Coating Failures and Paint Defects
Matthew Potts is a Technical Support Specialist with AkzoNobel and qualified as a Registered Marine Coatings Inspector (RMCI) in 2014. He has previously helped deliver RMCI training and helps represents UK Yachting on the ICOMIA (International Council of Marine Industry Associations) board and is a member of the ISO Standards committee for large yachts.
Matthew boasts a detailed knowledge of the coatings sector and shared his extensive experience with delegates, prompting a number of questions. The seminar was broken down into four essential parts:
- Above waterline paint defects and failures
- Below waterline paint defects and failures
- Brightwork/Varnish defects and failures
- Questions and Interactive Examples
- Plus a brief look at some of the paint testing equipment
Video run time: 2 hours 3 minutes approx.