Introduction to Yacht Coating Failures and Paint Defects
Introduction to Yacht Coating Failures and Paint Defects – Online Seminar by Matthew Potts.
Matthew Potts, Technical Support Specialist, is employed by well known paint and coatings manufacturer AkzoNobel. He has previously helped deliver RMCI training and helps represents UK Yachting on the ICOMIA (International Council of Marine Industry Associations) board and is a member of the ISO Standards committee for large yachts. Matt qualified as a Registered Marine Coatings Inspector in 2014.
His current responsibilities include:
- Management of the AkzoNobel global claim process
- New product development and trials
- Specialises in paint failure investigations
- Developing industry technical documentation, criteria’s and standards.
In his spare time he is a cabinet maker / wood worker and has helped paint and refit several boat projects for charities.
The seminar, which follows on from the recent one on an introduction to Yacht Paint delivered by Matthew’s colleague, Tim Bannister, will be broken down into four sections:
- Above waterline paint defects and failures
- Below waterline paint defects and failures
- Brightwork / Varnish defects and failures
- Questions and Interactive Examples
- Plus a brief look at some of the paint testing equipment
Run time: 2 hours 3 minutes approx.