IIMS membership is open to professional marine surveyors from any worldwide location who have sufficient and relevant experience and who meet the Institute’s joining criteria. From yacht and small craft surveyors, to specialists in containers and fruit surveying, from those who survey off shore vessels and rigs, we welcome your application. Applications are also welcomed through the supporting categories for non surveying people and organisations that have an interest in the marine surveying profession.
Benefits of membership include access to industry news and knowledge, peer networking opportunities, plus professional development, training and education opportunities and the global recognition of the IIMS as a standard bearer within the marine surveying industry.
Download the membership application forms below or email us for further information about membership.
Membership of IIMS is open to a range of candidates
• Qualified mariners, surveyors and other marine consultants from any country in the world.
• Qualified individuals from any country in the world having either served on board a ship, or appropriate land based expertise.
• Non surveying individuals whose knowledge and experience is beneficial to the Institute.
• Corporations involved in the maritime sector whose membership will contribute to the aims and objectives of the Institute.
• Non surveyors who join an IIMS education programme (students).
The annual membership subscription is due for payment in January of each year. The amount is fixed by the Management Board and subject to ratification at the Annual General Meeting. Membership of the IIMS is subject to a non refundable joining fee of £60.
IIMS membership subscription rates range from as little as £73 to £245 per annum depending on the category. Please email IIMS for an annual subscription cost based on your location.
Or use the links below to make your application to join.
IIMS membership upgrade application form (word format)
Upgrade Membership Application Form Guidance Notes (pdf format)
The Institute accepts various payment methods and sterling cheques, or bank drafts drawn on a London bank are also acceptable.