How to apply to become a Certifying Authority Examiner with the IIMS.
The criteria for becoming an IIMS Certifying Authority Examiner is as follows:
• Applicants must be Full Members of the IIMS.
• Applicants must be able to demonstrate through evidence at least five years surveying experience in all types of vessels (copies of survey reports may be requested).
The application process is as follows and once completed should be sent to the Certifying Authority Administrator:
• Completed application form
• Up-to-date CV
• Two passport photos
• A completed SCV1 (available from the Certifying Authority Administrator)
• A completed SCV2 (available from the Certifying Authority Administrator)
• An administration fee of £35
On receipt of the application form the Certifying Authority Administrator will acknowledge the application.
The application form and relevant documentation will be reviewed by the Certifying Authority Committee and a date will be set for an interview, which is mandatory, either face to face or online.
The outcome and registration process is as follows:
Applicants will be advised of the outcome of their application within 5 working days of the interview taking place. The Certifying Authority Registration fee will be set by the committee at the beginning of each year and will be valid for a period of 12 months. The current fee is £120 per annum, or pro rata depending upon the date of approval.
For more information or to obtain the relevant SCV documentation contact the Certifying Authority administrator by email or call +44 (0) 239 238 5223