Date(s) - 15/10/2018
The IIMS Certifying Authority Annual Training Day will take place on Monday 15th October 2018 at PETA, Cosham near Portsmouth. If you cannot make the day in person, you are encouraged to join as an online delegate via the Zoom platform.
The agenda for the day is:
09.00 Registration and Coffee
09.30 Paul Bryson, Inspector of Marine Accidents, MAIB: “The MAIB, investigating accidents on coded vessels.” Paul will include a case study about the Osprey Ribs incident.
11.00 Tea/Coffee break
11.20 Mark Bucket, Desty Marine: Case studies of recent significant repairs undertaken, how they were specified and then carried out and the challenges encountered.
13.45 General update on IIMS Certifying Authority Procedures
Procedures have been significantly re-written to reflect MCA requirements (including some important recent changes); and surveyors are strongly advised to be present in person or online to listen, to understand the changes and to ask questions.
Key aspects that affect the CA Surveyor will be discussed, including:-
1. New SCV2 Format
2. SAN 93 – Surveyor Required Actions for:-
– Intermediate or Annual Examinations delayed beyond any “Grace Period”
– Postponement of Renewal Examinations (max 1 month with restrictions)
– Certificate Suspension, Cancellation and Reinstatement
3. Single Handed Operations
– SCV2 now has a box to tick if Single Handed Ops required, and;
– SCV2 New Annex to record compliance with Single Handed Ops requirements
4. Survey Regime – Owner Self Certify or Surveyor every Year
– Clarification of the Code requirements
– Tick box on SCV2 to highlight
5. SAN 53 – MLC Endorsements on SCV Certificates
– Note: New standard endorsement on all certificates stating SCV only valid if any required MLC Report has been issued – however, this may change again.
6. MGN 553 – Lifesaving Appliances
– Phase Out of ORC and Approval Requirements for ISO 9650 Liferafts
7. Vessel certificate wording amendments
– Highlighting the certificate is only valid if any modifications or damage are reported to the CA and approved/rectified as required.
8. Accident reporting and new report form
– Review Accident Reporting Requirements
– New IIMS CA form for Owners/Managing Agents to use for reporting
9. Survey defects list and SCV2 amendment record form
– Use of these forms to improve reporting accuracy and reduce paperwork
10. SAN 75 Iss. 3 – Carriage of Dangerous Goods on under 24m Vessels
– Brief update
– Clarification of the present status of MGN 280
Close at 16.30.
The cost of the day is £120 to include lunch and refreshments. To reserve your place, please complete the form below and we will raise an invoice.