The IIMS London Conference 2015, which is to be held at the Old Library in the Lloyd’s of London building on 7-8 September at the start of London Shipping week, is starting to gather pace and momentum.
Early bird booking discounts will be released and available from early May together with details of how to reserve your place at the Conference. So watch for more details in the coming weeks.
Dinner is confirmed aboard HMS Belfast for the evening of Monday 7 September, a most fitting venue to hold such an occasion.
The Conference theme is ‘Marine Surveying Today’ and has been kept deliberately general to enable a wide variety of topics to be presented and discussed. A number of speakers have already been confirmed and we can reveal some of the topics of the presentations (subject to change and alteration) as follows:
• Key note speaker: Andrew Winbow: Assistant Secretary-General/Director IMO – Maritime Safety Division
• Chris Baldwin: Why accreditation and standards matter
• David Lawrence: Lloyd’s Open Form and the role of a Special Casualty Representative
• Ian Millen: The importance of maritime security and intelligence
• Milind Tambe: Integrity of digital images – what marine surveyors ought to know
• Uday Moorthi: The marine surveyor’s role in new build supervision
• Dr Risto Talas: The application of technology in marine surveying and auditing
Three supporting partners have been announced for the event and IIMS is grateful to them for their support and contribution. They are Synergia, Matrix Insurance and Cygnus Instruments. In addition Constellation Marine Services has agreed to sponsor the event. Other sponsorship opportunities are still available to promote your organisation at the IIMS London Conference 2015. Interested parties should email the IIMS head office for further information.
For more detailed information about the IIMS London Conference and to reserve your place follow this link.