The annual IIMS UK Small Craft Working Group Scotland training day is taking place on Monday 16 November. The location for this event is the splendid Royal Northern & Clyde Yacht Club at Rhu near Helensburgh.
After the day’s training, a group dinner is being organised at a venue to be decided in nearby Helensburgh.
On Tuesday 17 November, there is a special trip organsied to the GalGeal Trust in Glasgow. A tour is offered of the vessels that are in the process of being traditionally built plus a review of traditional boat building techniques.
The training days starts on Monday at 09.30 with coffee and formally opens at 10.00.
The agenda for the day is as follows:
• Surveying basics
• Boats – new model issues
• Boat – laying up and storage
• Best practice
• Certifying Authority Update by Fraser Noble
• Update on IIMS head office news and initiatives by Mike Schwarz
• Group discussion – unusual vessels input from all attending
• Safety Discussion – RNLI/Ocean Safety
The cost of the one day’s training on Monday 16 November is £50.
To reserve your place at this event, please email Tania Bernice or call her on 023 9238 5223.