The highlights and feature articles of this special 136 page edition of The Report (the biggest ever) to mark the 30th anniversary of IIMS include:
– The design of cathodic protection schemes for canal craft
– Seafarers ‘N’ Ever Given respect. What will we do this time so that history is not repeated?
– Containers overboard – is theory overtaking practice?
– Stitch by stitch: The art of sailmaking is alive and flourishing
– Could our ‘old friend’, the wind, be the solution to reducing the fuel consumption of ships?
– Seaman’s Manslaughter: An arcane US statute turned enforcement risk
– Elevators on ships – failures, service, and maintenance
– How well does Cathodic protection negate corrosion when used in seawater filtration?
– A personal account of gender diversity at sea
– A look back at 30 years of IIMS history and articles by a number of Past Presidents
– A day in the life of Nick Parkyn