Introduction to Yacht Coating Failures and Paint Defects – Online Seminar by Matthew Potts.
Matthew Potts, Technical Support Specialist, is employed by well known paint and coatings manufacturer AkzoNobel. He has previously helped deliver RMCI training and helps represents UK Yachting on the ICOMIA (International Council of Marine Industry Associations) board and is a member of the ISO Standards committee for large yachts. Matt qualified as a Registered Marine Coatings Inspector in 2014.
His current responsibilities include:
– Management of the AkzoNobel global claim process
– New product development and trials
– Specialises in paint failure investigations
– Developing industry technical documentation, criteria’s and standards.
In his spare time he is a cabinet maker / wood worker and has helped paint and refit several boat projects for charities.
The seminar, which follows on from the recent one on an introduction to Yacht Paint delivered by Matthew’s colleague, Tim Bannister, will be broken down into four sections:
– Above waterline paint defects and failures
– Below waterline paint defects and failures
– Brightwork / Varnish defects and failures
– Questions and Interactive Examples
– Plus a brief look at some of the paint testing equipment
Who should attend?
Any yacht and small craft marine surveyor who is looking to better understand how to spot a paint defect or a coating system failure.
The online seminar will commence at 11.00 AM (UK London time) on the 27th April 2020. If you are unable to attend the seminar live, you can purchase the video separately by reserving a copy below. Please note – if you are attending the seminar live, you will also receive a copy of the video after the event so you do not need to purchase this separately.
Once you have reserved your place using the form below you will be sent the joining instructions in good time. Alternatively, call the IIMS head office on +44 23 9238 5223 or email to email@example.com to reserve your place.
Bookings are closed for this event.